Here is the poster we had to create to inform other seniors about teeth brushing, plaque and teeth decay. Our group was Olivia Vidal, Azul Sequeira, Marina Castagnino and me!
For writing skills, Pilar asked us to make a presentation including at least 6 idioms of colours. I worked with Marina and Renata.
Marina, Azul and I, had to made a presentation about structural proteins. Here it is!
Prezi on Structural Proteins
To give you a background, we will tell you about the process.
As for the organization, we used the time Ceci gave us to do the project in class and that helped a lot. We divided the things we couldn’t finish in class in equal parts, so that each of could finish a part of the project and be the ‘especialist’ on that topic.
We took the information from different sites according to the different topics, for example, the examples of the different structural protein molecules were taken from this site from where we got a general idea and then looked in different places to complete each topic.
We had 2 drawbacks. The fact that we got the group of structural proteins was difficut as most of the informatin we found was about functional proteins, the group that belongs to Lucia D,, Renata and Violeta. The other drawback was related to the model, as we didn’t have dough from the colors that belong to each element.
Veronica gave us the task of answering the questions she posted in her blog, after seeing ‘Nosedive’ and reading ‘there Will Come Soft Rains’. I’ve worked with Marina Castagnino and Azul Sequeira
- Nosedive is set in Port Mary and in the future, and we can realize this because of all the advanced technology that appears in the chapter.
- The short story takes place in the year 2026 the 6 of August.
- In ‘Nosedive’ Lacie is a superficial character whose life depends on technology, she actually lives for technology and her life is based on it, because at the end of the episode, she instinctively rises her hand as if she was holding her phone to rate the person in front of her. In ‘There Will Come Soft Rains’, we can also see how technology had dominated the human race, before their death. In the story, Technology made things for humans and controlled their lives, like in ‘Nosedive’, where technology established someone’s social status, friends and possessions. “Nine-fifteen, sang the clock”, here we can see how a clock is personified by saying that it sings. Another personification we can find in the story is how the house is personified all throughout the story, for example in the following quote “the house began to die.”. Finally, in this quote “But the fire was clever”, in which the fire that was started in the house is described and personified as ‘clever’. The fact that technology and the house are personified may be suggesting that technology is becoming more and more similar to humans. Personification is when an object is attributed human actions, so the question that the author may be asking is, to what extent is technology a thing and not a living thing?
- Both, the episode and the story, are warning us about how technology is dangerous in many ways. One of these ways may be related to the fact that technology may destroy us, because it may dominate us. And the other way, is that technology may turn our society into a superficial one, a society in which people judge you by how look in your social media and not in real life.
- We think that the future that the story presents is more likeable to happen because with the passage of time, we are getting more and more things done by technology, like in factories where employees are being replaced by machines, or phones that are making our life easier day after day. So, at the end, we are going to have houses like the one in the story and we will end up destroying ourselves.
In history class, after reading abot the New Deal Roosevelt presented in the 1930s, Julia gave us the task of creating a poster about it. I worked with Azul Sequeira, Renata Marty, Marina Castagnino, Catalina Vidal and Nina Fischer.
WorldElder Abuse Awareness Day by vpernarcic
Together with Lucia Do Carmo, Azul Sequeira and Marina Castagnino, we prepared a presentation including ways of taliking, their definitions and one example for each of them. Hope you enjoy it!