This is the presentation Renata and I prepared for our oral presentation, we chose the topic of donating blood.
Write a diary entry from Ali’s point of view as regards the actions of his father.
I am afraid I can’t endure the discrimination coming from my dad any more. I think my dad has already understandood how I feel at the moment, given to the sullen expression I have had for the last seven days.
The best way to describe how I am right now is disappointed and trapped. My father doesn’t understand how serious I am about this subject, and how serious I take it. It seems that he doesn’t care and I can tell that because of the insolent tone he has acquired. I understand his distress about me playing truant in a recent past, but that doesn’t make his look of contempt any nicer to me.
I was just seeking for respect towards my religion, but seeing him drunk at dinner did not leave me any other choice than venturing in his own actions and punish him about them. All he could manage to say to defend himself were stuttered sentences. How was it even possible that a man could change his way of seeing the world in such a quick and normal way? From Muslim to a follower of the Western culture is a radical change, one that doesn’t seem as a possible thing to me.
It is not that I do not love my family and friends, it is just that the Quran and Allah inspire me in a way no one has ever done before, and that inspiration makes me give them all the priority in my life. If family is the opportunity cost, then let it be if they can not keep up with my new life style.
I have the feeling that something is going to happen today, but I can’t figure out whether it is going to be good or bad. I will keep in touch in case anything occurs.
I’ll write you soon,
Bullying causes depression. Do you agree?
Nowadays, bullying is becoming a major problem worldwide, affecting a larger range of teenagers every day. Its effects are turning into a main subject of discussion, and among them there is depression, which in what I am concerned, it definitely is a primary consequence of bullying.
To begin with, it has been proved that bullying has an enormous impact in an individual’s self esteem. Bullying victims suffer from huge teasing mainly due to their physical conditions, which results in victims questioning their own bodies and comparing with others. Moreover, they start asking themselves why is it that they are not accepted or fit in, this forcing them to blame themselves and hating their whole self. This creates a constant auto-bullying within the victims, who torture themselves for what they are, as well as a big insecurity issue.
Furthermore, trust issues are also a huge impact of bullying indeed. Not only because of what the problem they are, but also due to the chain reaction they provoque in the victim’s lives. Trust issues are not just a lack of confidence in the victim’s own abilities and their self esteem, they also, and more importantly, imply a lack of trust with other people, which affects their social life, and how they manage to relate with others. Depression is deeply connected with this issue due to the chainreaction mentioned before. These trust issues that are created by the bullie, cause a deterioration of the victim’s social manners, which forced them to push away anyone who tries to approach them. This isolation is what makes depression more and more severe with the pass of time, caused by a solitary view of the world of the victim, who given to the trust issues ends up being alone and depressed.
Despite the fact that I do not share this view, it is said that although depression is somehow related to bullying, that there are no actual scientific studies as regards this problem. It is true that many people who suffer from this intimidation called bullying can get over it and put a barrier as to not be affected by the insults, but I believe that this is definitely not a the majority of the cases. It is also argued that teenagers can not suffer from depression, due to their young age, but in my opinion, there is no age for this type of problems, and mainly this one, who mostly strikes teens, who are the most vulnerable sector of society as regards to this subject.
To sum up, I believe that there are many factors and effects that bullying leaves, that take to depression in it’s victims. Trust issues and low self esteem are some of the consequences that indirectly lead to a harsh depression within victims. So, all in all, I believe that depression can absolutely be caused by bullying.
In the link below you will be able to find and watch my booktube on the book I was given this term.
En la clase de Formación Ética y Ciudadana, se nos asigno la consigna de realizar una presentación incluyendo la respuesta a una serie de preguntas del blog de la profesora, unas generales y otras acerca de la información sobre distintas empresas. Yo trabajé con Tomas Galmarini y Lucas Alonso.
1a. “Y yo nunca, hasta ver que la profecía se cumpliera, haría patentes los reproches.”
- b. “De modo que ningún mortal puede considerar a nadie feliz con la mira puesta en el último día, hasta que llegue al término de su vida sin haber sufrido nada doloroso.”
- c. “¡Ay, ay, desdichado! Pero ni contemplarte puedo, a pesar de que quisiera hacerte muchas preguntas”
- d. “¡Ay de mí! Soporto dolores sin cuento. Todo mi pueblo está enfermo y no existe el arma de la reflexión con la que uno se pueda defender.”
- El enigma de esta obra es quién es el asesino de Layo, que se debe averiguar para terminar con las desgracias que azotan al pueblo.
- Las pistas son los numerosos Oráculos que se nos presentan durante toda la obra, recibimos muchos que tienen distinta información de diferentes puntos de vista y al unir todos e indagar un poco más en su historia terminamos descubriendo al asesino. Los oráculos son , el de Tebas, el de Tiresias, el de Edipo cuando va a consultar a Febo y por último conocemos el de Layo.
- Yocasta muere a manos de ella misma a causa de la vergüenza y el dolor que sentía por haberse casado y tenido hijos con su propio hijo. Por otro lado, Edipo se queda ciego, diciendo que todo lo que le queda por ver son desgracias. Además, Edipo pide ser desterrado pero eso llegará cuando los dioses lo deseen.
- El destino tiene un rol implacable durante toda la obra. Podemos ver como los personajes hacen de todo por escaparse de él y evitar los presagios pero no pueden. Eso no muestra como el destino está escrito y no es modificable. “iba, huyendo de ella, adonde nunca viera cumplirse las atrocidades de mis funestos oráculos.” en este ejemplo Edipo cuenta la razón por la cual se fue de su tierra natal, con el fin de no matar a su padre como decía el oráculo. Esto también demuestra como el destino en muchas ocasiones va en contra de la voluntad de la persona, y esta termina haciendo cosas que nunca hubiese querido, como matar a su propio padre y casarse con su madre en el caso de Edipo. Por otro lado, el destino nos ayuda a conectar cosas en la historia y llegar a resolver el enigma, al unir la serie de oráculos que se van presentando, “que yo había de unirme con mi propia madre y coger en mis manos la sangre de mi padre.”, y justo después de la cita se da a conocer que Edipo no es hijo de Pólibo.